The Adecco Group is the world’s leading HR solutions
company. We believe in making the future work for everyone, and every day
empower 3.5 million careers. We inspire, skill, develop and hire in 60
countries, enabling individuals and organizations to embrace the future of
work. As a Fortune Global 500 company, we lead by example, creating shared
value that meets social needs while driving business innovation. Our culture of
inclusivity, fairness and teamwork empowers individuals and organisations,
fuels economies, and builds better societies. These values resonate with our employees,
who have voted us a Great Place to Work® - World’s Best Workplaces for the past
four consecutive years.
The Adecco Group is based in Zurich, Switzerland. Adecco Group AG is registered in Switzerland (ISIN: CH0012138605) and listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ADEN). The group is powered by eight lead brands: Adecco, Modis, Badenoch & Clark, Spring Professional, Lee Hecht Harrison, Pontoon, Adia, YOSS and General Assembly.
The purpose of this role is to bring to life the impact of the CDO office by delivering world-class communications to key stakeholders, successfully positioning the CDO and new range of digital products in the marketplace and engaging the Adecco Group’s 35,000 employees in the company’s digital-first strategy. The Communications Manager will be a key change agent, enabling the company’s digital transformation through innovative employee engagement programs, and positioning the Group as a human capital solutions leader through media relations, subject-matter expert positioning, and the generation of compelling thought leadership content. The successful candidate will be both strategically oriented and a hands-on operator, with the leadership skills to succeed as an advisor and business partner to CDO leadership, and the communications savvy and influencing skills to advance change in a global, matrixed communications organisation.
- Design and implement a multi-stakeholder communications strategy to engage key audiences (internal, media, customers) in the digital strategy, products and ventures of the Group
- In partnership with the internal communications team, create and deliver compelling employee engagement content to build awareness of the Digital strategy of the Group
- In collaboration with cross functional stakeholders, develop and drive the change management approach for the Digital transformation of the Group
- Drive the design of the Digital external communications strategy of the Group towards media and other external stakeholders, and lead its implementation in coordination with Group media relations
- Develop compelling content for internal channels, such the intranet, newsletters and our internal social platform
- Collaborate with communications and change management professionals in the regions and brands to drive the agreed strategic communications priorities
- Develop a deep understanding of the Digital priorities, initiatives, products and solutions in development.
- 7+ years in communications roles with a strong focus on internal communications and hands-on experience in external communications and media relations (thought leadership and social content experience a plus)
- University degree in communications, PR or similarly relevant field
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to network and influence at all levels of the organization
- Proven impact in driving transformation/ change management activities
- Experience overseeing and developing multimedia and online communications, including webcasts, podcasts, social media, websites, etc
- Fluency in technology and digital tools, and/or background working in a technology-oriented organisation is highly preferred
- Native speaker-level proficiency in English (reading/ writing/ speaking) a requirement. French and German language skills a significant plus
- Superior writing and editing skills in a variety of styles, for use across print and digital formats
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and as part of a cross-disciplinary, global team; adept at working closely with others over geographical distance.
- You are a dynamic, high energy and proactive person, who is energized by the opportunity to build a strategy from the ground up, and equally energized to bring it to life
- You are a strategic thinker with the ability to connect business priorities to communication priorities
- You are a proven communications expert who can constructively disrupt
- Your writing, organisational and project management skills are exceptional
- You are collaborative with a high EQ, and have an affinity for building connections with people
- You are passionate and committed, and your instincts are spot on
- You have a solutions orientation and believe in the power of “we”
- You are a doer and when you commit, you deliver, even under pressure
- You are a change agent with infectious enthusiasm that you use to influence and create positive impact.
This job advert is posted by Adecco Group AG with registered address at Bellerivestrasse 30, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland. www.adeccogroup.com
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.