The Adecco Group is the world’s leading HR solutions partner. We provide more than 700,000 people with permanent and flexible employment every day. With more than 34,000 employees in 60 countries, we transform the world of work one job at a time. Our colleagues serve more than 100,000 organisations with the talent, HR services and cutting-edge technology they need to succeed in an ever-changing global economy. As a Fortune Global 500 company, we lead by example, creating shared value that meets social needs while driving business innovation. Our culture of inclusivity, fairness and teamwork empowers individuals and organisations, fuels economies, and builds better societies. These values resonate with our employees, who voted us number 5 on the Great Place to Work® - World’s Best Workplaces 2018 list. We make the future work for everyone.
The Adecco Group is based in Zurich, Switzerland. Adecco Group AG is registered in Switzerland (ISIN: CH0012138605) and listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ADEN). The group is powered by nine lead brands: Adecco, Modis, Badenoch & Clark, Spring Professional, Lee Hecht Harrison, Pontoon, Adia, YOSS and General Assembly.
The Head of IT Enterprise Architecture and Design focuses on developing and maintaining the organizational model, which will establish a common understanding, vocabulary and blueprint for all stakeholders, to enable complexity control and rapid change. In this role you will ensure the Organization remains agile and able to execute its strategy while maintaining current operations and revenue streams. A key emphasis of this role is to ensure the corporate data and integration down to implemented domain models and their governance. Understand and decide on the usage of new technology and harmonize introduction across the enterprise. Work with business lines, regions, and marketing etc to analyse the capabilities required for new solutions. Collaborate with Strategy and Organizational PMO to establish the impact of strategy on the organizational landscape and properly establish and execute the transformation portfolio. Act as a focal point for reuse, value creation and simplicity across operating units, regions and functions by leading architectural change in our data, application and infrastructure framework globally.
- Ensure strategy is understood and acted on in IT in the form of technology and IT response strategies, plans and execution.
- Articulate the desired future end-state in cross-functional collaboration, ensuring alignment in functional end-states corresponding to company strategy. Understanding the current state, identifying the gaps between the two states and developing approaches to close these gaps. This is an iterative responsibility starting with a simple hypothesis, but gradually evolving and maturing.
- Support change, primarily by governance and control, evolving the architecture and design capabilities of the organization (across SDM and IT Infrastructure operations)
- Ensure that all functions deliver towards the strategy and end-state while evolving team’s skills and composition
Create desired outcomes across all IT departments:
- Ensure means and outputs are steered through effective governance,
- Engage the right teams to make and support organizational architecture decisions and implementing them.
- Ensure adequate and ongoing communication of IT Architecture strategy and its translation into business, data, systems and infrastructure architecture. Ensuring the regional and business line architecture leads cascade and adopt. Support key executives in technology uses and understanding through effective partnering
Create design capabilities around a product mindset:
- Create a mix of delivery, guidance and control to guarantee quality, maintainability and simplicity across the organization.
- Establish capabilities and governance to work across sourcing modes and across the center and global teams.
- Maintain existing platforms, capabilities and standards by ensuring requisite maintain and improve roadmaps are in place, and follow up across the organization balancing returns, risk and cost.
- Create models and governance around the management of existing portfolio for platforms, products and applications, driving improvements in life cycle management and convergence to the end-state.
- Team building measures to develop capabilities of Business, Information, Technical, and Solution architects.
- Develop Design and Engineering capabilities to ensure a smooth, controlled outsourced delivery to accountable standards.
- Create and renew IT sub-strategies in collaboration with Business and IT leadership teams.
- Map current and end-state and identify gaps and sequencing.
- Create roadmaps and plans to deliver business and IT strategy and priorities; ensure maintenance and continuous adaptation together with the “strategy and governance” team.
- Create, communicate and maintain standards and reference architectures
- Ensure continuous improvement and integration of organizational data, enabling growth and simplicity.
- Build and own the architectural governance bodies, emphasizing clear and articulated trade-offs to support decision making at the appropriate level and by appropriate functions.
- Create designs and engineered solutions to implement the architecture and strategic intents, working closely with strategic technology, integration and delivery partners and colleagues across functions.
- Drive a product management mindset in the design and engineering, ensuring that design and engineering is driving maintainability, availability and simplicity for maximum reusability.
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent
- At least 10-15 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience working at a fast-paced, international company
- Strong Tech leader able to foster integration and drive stakeholder alignment.
- Willingness to go the extra mile together with the team, delivering high performance outside the comfort zone
- Information, data and domain management practices
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments
- Strong Interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture
- Knowledge and experience of business re-engineering principles and processes
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Knowledge of network architecture, client/server processing, and object-oriented analysis and design
- An understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate the politics
- The ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions
- The ability to translate business needs into enterprise architecture requirements
- The ability to estimate the financial impact of enterprise architecture alternatives
- The ability to rapidly understand apply multiple solutions to business problems
- The ability to comprehend rapidly the functions and capabilities of new technologies
This job advert is posted by Adecco Group AG with registered address at Bellerivestrasse 30, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland. www.adeccogroup.com
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.