The Adecco Group is the world’s leading HR solutions partner. We provide more than 700,000 people with permanent and flexible employment every day. With more than 34,000 employees in 60 countries, we transform the world of work one job at a time. Our colleagues serve more than 100,000 organisations with the talent, HR services and cutting-edge technology they need to succeed in an ever-changing global economy. As a Fortune Global 500 company, we lead by example, creating shared value that meets social needs while driving business innovation. Our culture of inclusivity, fairness and teamwork empowers individuals and organisations, fuels economies, and builds better societies. These values resonate with our employees, who voted us number 2 on the Great Place to Work® - World’s Best Workplaces 2017 list. We make the future work for everyone.
The Adecco Group is based in Zurich, Switzerland. Adecco Group AG is registered in Switzerland (ISIN: CH0012138605) and listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ADEN). The group is powered by eight lead brands: Adecco, Modis, Badenoch & Clark, Spring Professional, Lee Hecht Harrison, Pontoon, Adia, General Assembly and YOSS.
In a talent-scarce environment, young people are crucial to a thriving workforce; yet many young people struggle to find employment because they lack concrete experience. This Zürich-based, senior role offers the opportunity to lead the end-to-end strategy and implementation of the Adecco Group Foundation’s flagship youth employment programme, CEO for One Month. This programme increases the employability of young people and helps them make the transition from education to work. It attracts more than 200,000 applicants per year who go through a rigorous selection process for 47 spaces to shadow a country-level Adecco Group CEO for one month. But it does not stop there. These country finalists then continue in the process and only one is chosen as the Global CEO for One Month, to shadow Alain Dehaze, the group CEO. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. But the value lies not only in the shadowing. Every young person who applies to the programme comes away with skills, information and increased employability. This is how we create social value and tackle youth unemployment. Please see https://www.adeccowaytowork.com/en/ceo-for-one-month/phase-4/ for further details on CEO for One Month, Experience Work Day and the Career Centre, which also fall under your remit.
In addition to leading this specific programme, you will also play a key role in overall youth employment solutions at the Group and Foundation. These include our engagement in apprenticeships, internships and other work-based learning opportunities. The ideal candidate will be passionate about increasing youth employability in innovative ways that open doors for young people, while bringing value and opportunities to the Adecco Group and Adecco Group Foundation.
As the global programme head, you will be expected to deliver against the following objectives:
- Social value creation: Ensure value creation for all participants, by providing skills, information and work-based learning to increase their employability
- Community management: Deliver value at the local level by leveraging a community of 50+ colleagues around the world who implement the programmes at the local level
- Strategic leverage: Align the aims of the programmes and how they create value with the Group and Foundation strategies, leveraging the resources, competencies and know-how of the company to deliver maximum impact
This is a matrixed role and you will work collaboratively with other teams and established brands, particularly Global HR, Public Affairs, IT, Marketing/Communications, Spring Professional, and Pontoon.
- Lead the end-to-end design and implementation of the programme strategy and operations
- Drive a global outreach campaign, with local implementation, integrated with a clear communication and content plan (internal, external) together with global and regional MarComs
- Manage the community of 50+ country CEO for One Month coordinators to ensure high quality, consistent delivery and ongoing consultation to ensure continuous improvement
- Collaborate with Global Talent Acquisition to drive use of best technology (ATS, CMS, etc.) maximizing outreach and quality of candidates’ experience
- Manage agency delivery of candidates’ assessment/selection, bootcamp, website, video production and other materials
- Oversee budget, staff management (1 direct report), monitoring & evaluation, and KPIs
- Drive constant process improvement, particularly related to data and reporting to demonstrate impact
- Contribute to overall Foundation strategy, and related pilot projects
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- 7-10 years of professional experience in the corporate or nonprofit sector, with a strong focus on youth outreach
- Track record of managing and growing global programmes. Experience with leadership development programmes, graduate schemes, or youth engagement programmes preferred.
- Ability to think strategically, while ensuring day-to-day implementation
- Experience in communications and campaign management
- Strong project management skills, with experience leading global, cross-functional projects
- Ability to mobilise and manage matrixed teams
- Strong relationship-building and community management skills
- Knowledge of reporting systems and ability to produce and present reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; other languages are an asset
- Senior, self-motivated, collaborative worker, with strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Minimum bachelor’s degree, or equivalent; Masters preferred.
- Other desirable skills and experiences:
- Internal and external communications, social media
- Managing vendors and agencies
- Key account or relationship management
- Social impact
- Change management
This job advert is posted by Adecco Group AG with registered address at Bellerivestrasse 30, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland. www.adeccogroup.com
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.