Who We Are:
Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has launched the technology careers of tens of thousands of diverse individuals and cultivated emerging tech talent pipelines for hundreds of the world’s leading employers. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers bootcamps, digital upskilling, apprenticeships, and other career onramps into today’s most in-demand jobs in web development, data, design, and more. Part of global HR solutions giant The Adecco Group, GA has become a leading provider of world-class technical training, equitable job opportunity, and social impact. GA has been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and a Fast Company World-Changing Idea, as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The VP Product Strategy & Innovation is the leader, visionary, and end-to-end owner of General Assembly’s multichannel portfolio of products and programs—from apprenticeships to instructor-led bootcamps and short courses to asynchronous microlearning—that have launched thousands of adults into new careers in tech.
The VP Product Strategy & Innovation drives the overall product portfolio vision and profitable growth strategy, business cases, roadmap, and the achievement of financial and customer experience goals. You are the market, customer, and product expert to the rest of the organization for the portfolio. As the leader for a portfolio of product lines, you will develop and execute the commercialization strategy across functions for the products with responsibility for enrollments, revenue, margin, and NPS. This includes ensuring that all departments are prepared for successful product launches and go-to-market execution.
The VP Product Strategy & Innovation is also responsible for a team of commercial product managers who own the overall product lifecycle which includes gathering and prioritizing market requirements, determining the right mix of product initiatives that will maximize portfolio ROI, working with the development, delivery, and operations team on the delivery of capabilities, and confirming that the result meets the specified requirements and objectives.
The successful candidate has a blend of visionary and analytical skills, can account for every dollar we invest in products, how it benefits the customer and creates value, and how/when we make a return on investment.
- Manage the business metrics of the portfolio product lines (enrollments, revenue, margin, NPS), providing recommendations to improve the commercial performance of our products and ensure financial goals are met
- Extract maximum commercial value from the product line through development, pricing, and new feature development
- Drive highly effective customer experience as measured by NPS and Career Outcomes, understanding and improving the end-to-end customer journey
- Provide ongoing market analysis and action plans by tracking the market and competitive dynamics for the portfolio product lines
- Identify customer and market requirements through market analysis, win/loss calls, and voice-of-customer (VOC) interviews with customers (CHROs, CTOs, Talent Acquisition leads)
- Drive delivery of market and customer requirements, including definition, prioritization, trade-offs, and execution of release goals
- Design and drive the product roadmap and portfolio for both short- and long-term growth by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, partners, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success
- Execute new product launch plans, partnering with Product Marketing and Sales Enablement to provide product education, demonstrations, and expertise to internal and external customers
- Be the internal product evangelist and a sought after internal and external market expert and ensures that solutions meet user and business requirements
- Develop and execute product pricing plans including price change implementation and tracking competitive market pricing
- Drive and support ongoing sales and customer education and communication programs to ensure full understanding of product features, benefits and comparisons to competitive products and promote value-based selling propositions
- Leadership - Manage the team of Product Managers, ensuring the team is properly resourced, structured, and set up for success
- Strategic/Tactical Balance – Ability to balance the market and product vision and lead a team through disciplined tactical execution
- Commercial product management expertise – Demonstrate a track record of success in B2C and B2B product management
- Market Focus – Analyze and understand market segmentation, trends, players and the impact to product commercialization and strategy
- Customer Focus – Analyze and understand voice of the customer (win/loss, NPS, customer interviews) and the impact to customer experience
- Product Focus – Translate market and customer feedback into requirements, driving product delivery through an agile release process
- Cross-functional leadership – Lead and drive execution across Development, Sales, Marketing, Support, and Customer Success
- Drive & Grit – Operate in a fast-paced environment with a focus and determination to achieve high-quality results
The anticipated annualized salary range for this position in the US market is $157,000 and $211,500. Salary will be determined based on experience, education, geographic location, and other factors. If hired as a regular full-time employee, this position will include a variable compensation plan which could be a bonus or a commission.
US benefit offerings for full-time employment may include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits, wellness plans & reimbursement and retirement programs. Available paid leave may include paid time off, parental leave and holiday pay.
The salary range published in this job posting is for US based locations only. Non-US based candidates interested in this position can email firstname.lastname@example.org for country specific pay range details and benefits offered.
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.