The Global Category Manager provides procurement and supplier partnership expertise to our team in the areas of strategic sourcing and category management with strong commercial and contractual experience. The Global Category Manager will provide consistent supplier approach to our team, clients, program teams, and the supply chain in order to effectively manage and optimize the programs. The role will deliver high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective methodologies to support our clients while taking into consideration the engagement of suppliers. The expectation is that the Global Category Manager will engage, innovate, and grow the client’s business by leveraging suppliers to increase productivity, performance, and growth within a fair and competitive environment.
* Develops, leads, and executes global, regional, and country supply chain strategies in coordination with key stakeholders for a client’s MSP program.
* Leads cross-functional supplier qualification and sourcing activities ensuring the engagement and buy-in from key stakeholders throughout the process.
* Manages suppliers’ effectiveness and productivity within the MSP program by measuring supplier performance and success against agreed upon metrics, KPIs, and SLAs.
* Assesses and recommends supplier strategies that will improve client’s satisfaction.
* Develops, issues, and shares supplier scorecards quarterly.
* Prepares and presents executive summaries about suppliers’ performances and gaps to senior leadership team, program teams, and client sponsors or executives within an agreed upon frequency.
* Uses data, statistics, industry benchmarking, and business experiences to make recommendations to optimize the supply chain and strategy.
* Partners with Pontoon and client’s diversity management teams to meet diversity goals and spend while exceeding client’s expectations and requirements.
* Partners with legal teams to develop, review, and negotiate supplier related contracts (Supplier Agreements, MSA’s, SOW’s etc.).
* Develops and maintains strong relationships with key stakeholders through regular communication and value-added category management support.
* Assesses and evaluates supplier business practices, capabilities, competencies, innovation, health, and growth potentials to recommend targeted suppliers that would exceed in responsiveness, financial viability, innovative, and risk mitigation strategies while delivering the best quality candidates.
* Analyzes and delivers strategic communication to suppliers about performance and expectations while developing corrective action plans and remedies towards success.
* Assists with supplier bid and RFX initiatives to engage the best suppliers with optimum strategy to meet client’s needs.
* Supports the creation of fair and competitive business practices in support of client objectives.
* Prepares performance analysis and ensure optimal performance of suppliers.
* Aligns supplier selection, agreements, and processes to meet client’s cost-saving goals by suggesting supplier strategies that would allow win-win results.
* Prepares and presents executive summaries about strategy, diversity, cost-reduction, budgets, performance, innovations, bid, or RFX awards to senior leadership team, and client stakeholders.
* Prepares and presents formal client presentations within or outside of QBRs with clear methodology of assessment steps, action plans, and recommended changes.
* Develops and partners with Pontoon program management teams and client stakeholders to conduct supplier regular summits or forums.
* Remains up to date on industry best practices, procurement and supplier management and category trends to drive improvements.
* Acts as a mentor with stewardship leadership skills to junior team members, including cross-training where required.
* Establishes and maintains strong, fair, and ethical relationship and partnership with global suppliers to ensure Pontoon and client’s business goals and objectives are met and exceeded.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Minimum six (6) years of work experience, with four (4) years of global procurement experience with a proven track record measured by increased responsibilities. Consulting or Contingent Workforce procurement experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to work in a collaborative, global team environment that fosters advanced and effective approaches to sourcing strategies.
* Highly proficient in strategic sourcing initiatives including developing and presenting strategic sourcing strategies, aligning stakeholders, developing RFX’s, conducting analysis, presenting results, negotiating, contracting, and implementing results.
* Ability to influence senior stakeholders with clear demonstratable sourcing strategies that lead to positive outcomes for our clients.
* Strong commercial acumen, understanding of our business, the client’s business, with a heightened sense of good judgment.
* Outstanding project management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment in order to prioritize projects and multi-task to meet deadlines and changing business needs and deadlines.
* Excellent analytical/spend management skills and ability to produce accurate, professional and error-free analysis in a timely manner.
* Action-orientated and consultative approach to be able to follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.