Our community is at the heart of what we do at General Assembly and we need someone bright and organised to manage our community, student success and campus operations here at GA Sydney!
We’re looking for someone confident with multi-tasking, comfortable with ambiguity, and clear in their written and verbal communication. Manage a team, streamline course operations and implement tools to provide General Assembly students with a high quality, on-brand experience at each point of their journey at GA, for all incoming and current part-time and immersive students, and all our alumni too!
Our Student Success and Campus Operations Manager is responsible for a team of casual and part-time Front Lines Associates, who looks after our campus, our incoming and current students and our alumni. A background in customer success management, event production or people management is a bonus, as you’ll be handling lots of moving pieces and dealing with lots of different people.
- Student Experience and alumni engagement
- Building and managing our student experience and success strategy and acting as the student experience representative for the Sydney campus - you help our students succeed every step of the way through implementing course progress plans, 1:1s and more;
- Developing a deep understanding of all GA Education Product lines and modalities;
- Owning and iterating on student onboarding (welcome email, prework, student data management, Slack, etc), partnering with global team members on finding workflow efficiencies;
- Managing pre-work completion data and sharing results with other teams;
- Handling customer service issues, mediating conflict and defusing challenging situations in a positive, empathetic and professional manner;
- Managing our student communities;
- Managing student feedback data through exit tickets and mid course surveys; and sharing themes with the team; and
- Developing a strategy for continued alumni engagement.
- Campus Operations and Front Lines management
- Hiring, staffing, training, and management for all campus experience roles;
- Managing professional behavior, retention and ongoing professional development and growth of 2-6 direct reports; and
- Being the point of escalation on any questions for students and customers, about our products, pre- and post-event communication, and other issues.
- Managing space utilisation and classroom schedule for all relevant parties;
- Tracking and monitoring GA's social reputation (Quora, Yelp, CourseReport, etc) and looping in any relevant parties to respond to unfavorable reviews in a timely manner;
- Managing the campus budget and ensuring supplies are ordered and facilities are maintained, within budget and in a timely way;
- Actively monitoring campus for repairs and general upkeep of campus;
- Coordinating with APs to ensure accurate student enrollment statuses leading up to course launch;
- Keeping all course and event scheduling systems up to date and ensuring the right teams have access to systems.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a customer service role.
- Previous experience in successfully managing one or more part-time or full-time team members.
- You are able to anticipate customer needs and act accordingly.
- You are highly organised and have a great attention to detail.
- You have great written and verbal communication skills.
- You lead with empathy, our students, customers and stakeholders are the heart of General Assembly.
- You are tech and system savvy and are familiar with Google Suite.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity.
- You maintain a positive and professional demeanour in challenging situations.
- You are able to multi-task and enjoy wearing many hats and expanding your responsibilities
- You learn new processes quickly and accurately.
- You are proactive and comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- You must be able to lift up to 10 kg.
- Process management
- Managing and measuring work
- Customer focus
- Drive for results
- Problem solving
- Data driven
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Attention to detail
- Strategic hiring and staffing
- Community building
- Conflict management
Who are we?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.