Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
In this immersive educational experience, students engage in the digital marketing process, developing the skills and portfolio of a productive and effective marketer in the 21st century. They learn current tools and best practices they can use to promote a brand, drive sales leads, and increase customer engagement.
We are looking for an instructor to lead this transformative experience through General Assembly’s Digital Marketing Immersive course.
Why Teach the Digital Marketing Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. Through this unparalleled opportunity, you will:
- Deepen your own skills by guiding students through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven novices and leave as empowered marketers;
- Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course;
- Contribute your own expertise to a deep and broad global curriculum maintained by a team of talented instructors across multiple industries;
- Challenge students to think strategically as they turn their ideas into real digital marketing solutions;
- Hone your own leadership skills by working with an instructional team and classroom community.
As an immersive instructor you will not only impact the careers of your own students, but you’ll also have a unique opportunity to shape the potential of students on a global scale through contributions to our global curriculum.
Skills and Qualifications
- You have either one of the following certification: Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) /Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP) Certification from Institute of Adult Learning (IAL)
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of digital marketers.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You have at least 5 years of industry experience with digital marketing.
- You have fluency in the following topics: Google Analytics, Google AdWords, current social media outlets, paid social media advertising, customer segmentation targeting and tracking, community management and email marketing.
- You have hands-on knowledge of the tools used in digital marketing and are comfortable showing others how to use these.
- You have previous digital marketing teaching experience, through a course, team training, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach Monday-Friday, all day, for the 10 week duration of the program
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons and materials, leveraging existing GA curriculum content.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new suite of skills
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.