YOSS is a movement dedicated to advance the future of work, a platform dedicated to building bridges between freelancers and enterprise customers. Incubated by The Adecco Group and jointly developed with Microsoft, YOSS sets out to provide freelancers longer term engagements with renowned companies, insurance protection, world-class support, 72h payment turnover and much more.
As CTO, you will own the development of the YOSS digital platform and manage the global engineering team, consisting of in-house and external remote developers. In this senior position, you will lead the technological vision for the YOSS platform, develop the technical environment and be responsible for developing and delivering the product roadmap.
As a member of YOSS’ management team, you will have a deep understanding of our business and affinity for our users’ needs. You will own YOSS’ product development process, technology roadmap, resource allocation, partner management and delivery management.
Together with your team, you will:
• Own all global YOSS technology decisions and processes.
• Be accountable for delivering and improving the global YOSS platform and products (web and mobile apps for candidates and clients; internal operations porta
• Develop the YOSS technical environment, support new market roll-outs, define and test user flows, manage releases and technical operations and oversee requirements engineering.
• Ensure the YOSS global platform architecture provides best-in-class agility, functionality, scalability, reliability, security and performance.
• Set up effective development frameworks and processes, with a preference for speedy releases over feature perfection.
• Lead and continually improve a complex interplay of internal and external developers.
• Maintain and develop the strategic relationship with Microsoft and other technology co-creation partners.
• Create an environment that enables testing and rapid prototyping in a “build, measure, learn” approach.
• Lead cost-benefit and ROI analyses to determine which platforms and solutions fit YOSS’ needs.
• Interface heavily and regularly with regional product owners, product managers (business and technical), UX & UI designers and QA engineers.
• Carry out a constant technology watch and stay aware of market opportunities and competition threats.
• Translate business and user needs delivered by multiple country product owners into a prioritized global roadmap for a core product with local frontends and execute it.
• Up to 70% traveling required
Deep knowledge of the YOSS stack:
• Web API (REST, JSON), development (LeSS, HTML, Typescript) and authentication (JWT, oAUTH)
• Hosting (Microsoft Azure) and cloud infrastructure; DevOps and release management
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Profound knowledge of and experience with agile development processes.
• 5+ years of experience leading high-performing technology teams.
• Proven expertise co-developing and executing product strategies covering multiple country markets.
• Business acumen and work experience in a multinational company.
• Profound knowledge of digital marketplaces and/or the staffing business.
• Strong people management skills and proven experience managing diverse near-shore, off-shore and in-house development resources, incl. large scale partners.
• Superior communication skills coupled with the ability to act as YOSS platform evangelist internally and externally.
• Conviction and ability to defend technology decisions within management team.
• Ability to nurture a culture of experimentation and learning, with a focus on both agility and reliability.
• Strong prioritization and goal-setting skills; ability to evaluate different points of view, make tough decisions and defend these within management.
• Data literacy coupled with a relentless focus on customer needs.
• Willingness to take direct responsibility for achieving overall company goals.
• Confident and comfortable presenting and discussing your solutions with senior stakeholders in English; French language skills are desirable.
The Adecco Group through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands, including Accounting Principals, Adecco Staffing, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world’s leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.