WHAT IS GENERAL ASSEMBLY?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education. Visit http://generalassemb.ly/ to learn more.
SEEKING A DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS - RIYADH
General Assembly’s partnership with MiSK is built on the vision of an elite Academy that develops the tech industry’s leaders of tomorrow. The Director is responsible for the full operations of General Assembly’s business in Saudi Arabia. Together, GA and MiSK are launching data science, web development, UX, and other tech courses. By 2021, this will be one of the largest tech education communities in the Kingdom, with partnerships across most major Saudi and international companies.
General Assembly is looking for a Director to oversee business operations, partner with our client to expand impact, and scale the business. This is a leadership position for someone who has the vision and implementation skills to lead a mid-size business, making operational decisions for your P&L to execute on General Assembly’s overall growth objectives. You own the full suite of qualitative and quantitative performance for your campus.
- Own the P&L for General Assembly’s Saudi Arabia operations; set targets, determine resource requirements, and make key strategic decisions with the utmost concern for educational quality.
- Oversee your local market’s day-to-day operations including marketing, admissions, classroom experience for education programs, student outcomes (helping our grads find jobs), campus facilities, building a great team including local instructors, and cultivating an alumni network of raving fans.
- Act as the primary point of contact for our client, supporting long-term strategy as well as day-to-day challenges. Build a strong client relationship with our partners to support growth.
- Proactively identify new ways for GA to contribute to clients’ talent upskilling and reskilling strategies.
- Draft, implement, manage, monitor, and report on quarterly budgets and key objectives. You know your dashboard inside and out e.g. conversion rates, instructor pipeline, student satisfaction, team bandwidth, revenue, costs, and classroom utilization.
- Provide clear communication to campus team on company performance, tying to global initiatives.
- Manage a diverse local team of employees, including junior managers. Spot talent needs and hire, coach and develop high-potential contributors. At the end of the day, you hire great people and keep them engaged. You’re a strong team leader and communicator, and inspire your team to perform at a high level.
- Manage performance, crafting development plans and establishing success metrics that encourage the team to strive for and achieve success.
- Collaborate with General Assembly's senior management team and department heads to set goals, determine resource requirements, and make key strategic decisions.
- Keep tabs on the competitive landscape, understanding the tactics and strategies employed by comparable businesses.
- Own the full suite of qualitative and quantitative performance for your campus (including revenue targets, audience development, student satisfaction and outcomes results)
- Act as external face of the market in the local community.
- Lead efforts to connect with local partners and companies to drive audience development and outcomes partners
- Communicate priorities and recommendations to Regional Director to manage and grow the market from a revenue target perspective. Reports directly into Regional Director, overseeing multiple campuses or business units.
- You are an entrepreneurial, quantitative leader, and passionate about education. Perhaps you have started your own business before, or run a business unit within an existing company.
- You have a proven track record running a P&L. You’re comfortable with the financial concepts that come with that, including income statements, unit economics and revenue recognition. You have strong business acumen and deeply understand the unit economics of the business and can speak to their business performance.
- You exercise short-term pragmatism while maintaining long-term vision.
- You possess strong client management skills, and you’re able to build strong relationships with partners.
- You have advanced leadership abilities, including managing managers, and can motivate and inspire a team with diverse perspectives.
- You’re a strong listener who can listen & empathize with students, instructors, and staff.
- 4+ years managing a team
- 3+ years as primary client-facing project owner
- 2+ years leading cross-functional projects
- 1+ year owning a P&L
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.