Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is partnering with the MiSK Foundation to train the next generation of tech leaders in Saudi Arabia. Together, GA and MiSK are launching data, web development, UX, and other tech courses at the MiSK Academy. By 2020, this will be one of the largest tech student communities in the Kingdom, with partnerships across most major Saudi and international companies.
General Assembly is looking for a Career Coach who will support students with job-readiness training, while also building partnerships with local hiring companies.
Many of the students who come through the campus doors at General Assembly are taking courses to change their careers. The Career Coach is responsible for providing a personalized goal setting and job-seeking experience for these students, both during their course and after graduation. This includes one-on-one coaching sessions to help students identify their strengths and industries they want to focus their job hunt on, as well as leading discussions in a classroom setting around job seeking themes that are applicable to all students and graduates. This role also requires close collaboration across several teams to ensure our programs are effectively run on campus & that student expectations are managed closely.
The Role: Career Coach in Riyadh
The goal of the Career Coach is to ensure students are supported as they start to think about their next professional steps and graduates are prepared and confident in their job search. A balance of ensuring that graduates are empowered to find jobs in a timely manner, as well as find roles that they are passionate about, is critical for this role. The Career Coach also builds relationships with companies in the region who are hiring tech talent to ensure that we’re finding the best opportunities for our graduates.
Core activities include — but are not limited to — the following:
- Coach & Counselor - Ensure all job-seeking students & graduates have a smooth transition from the classroom to job seeking and that they feel supported during this process. Reduce anxiety for students & graduates around their job search through clear communication. Help students identify their personal goals to best impact their job search & educational experience.
- Content Delivery - Educate students & graduates of immersive programs on skills needed to perform an effective job search. Lead both recurring one-on-one and classroom based programming.
- Content Creation - Work with teams at GA that are responsible for curriculum to highlight updates as needed and create new student-facing resources. Be a key thought partner in the curriculum and resource creation.
- Internal Team Connector - Utilize and coordinate with GA community resources as needed to acquire additional educational opportunities (mock technical interviews, project feedback, etc.)
- Risk Management - Track student progress and highlight to teammates and stakeholders when a student isn’t doing well or falling out of communication. Also, ensure that we’re putting quality, qualified grads into our community.
- Networking - Find and cultivate relationships with talent acquisition and hiring teams from companies located in Saudi Arabia.
Skills/qualifications | what we're looking for:
- Familiarity with the technical world; previous industry related experience.
- Previous recruiting, account management or sales experience ideal.
- Dynamic speaker; engaging & comfortable both one-on-one and delivering to a large group.
- Able to confidently give constructive, positive feedback to people of diverse professional and life backgrounds.
- Awareness of job market & breadth of opportunities.
- Previous personal job hunt experience & able to be relatable.
- Resourceful; able to pull educational resources from the community and to tailor lesson plans/meetings based on graduate needs.
- Highly organized & data conscious.
- High emotional intelligence; able to empathize with others and can handle other people’s stress.
- 3+ years professional work experience.
Nice to have (not required):
- Experience working at a startup.
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.