Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
This is a remote teaching position, so applicants can be located anywhere in the US!
In this immersive educational experience, students engage in the user experience design process, developing the skills and portfolio of a junior practitioner. We are looking for instructors to lead this transformative experience through General Assembly’s User Experience Design Immersive course.
Why Teach the User Experience Design Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. Through this unparalleled opportunity, you will:
- Work closely with one or more co-instructors to guide students through a rigorous, transformational journey where they begin as driven novices and leave as empowered designers
- Become a better leader, and mentor as you learn from veteran instructors and our world-class instructional coaches.
- Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum.
- Adapt our global curriculum and use it to guide your teaching, building your own lesson plans as needed and contributing back your lessons learned over time.
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students.
Skills and Qualifications
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of user experience designers.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are looking for guidance.
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience working in user experience design.
- You have fluency in some or all of the following topics: the UX Process, User Research and Personas, Usability Testing, UX Analysis, Information Architecture, Interface Design, Wireframing, Prototyping, Analytics and Optimization, Mobile UX, and/or HTML/CSS.
- You have previous user experience design teaching experience, through a course, team training, mentoring, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach Monday-Friday, all day, for the 12 week duration of the program
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons and materials, leveraging existing GA curriculum content.
- Work closely with co-instructors or teaching assistants to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic, collaborative, and positive classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new skill set
- Directing Others
- Technical Skills
- Motivating Others
- Facilitation Skills
- Time Management
General Assembly is a licensed school in all states that we operate in, and some states require instructors to be licensed to teach. If hired, you will be required to submit and be approved as an instructor in relevant states. Directions for becoming licensed will be shared with you during onboarding. Licensure requirements vary by state, but you may be required to provide academic transcripts and to answer questions pertaining to moral character, professional conduct, education, and work history. General Assembly will pay for all licensing fees.
San Francisco, Remote: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles, Remote: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.