Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for instructors:
Our User Experience Design Immersive Flex course is a life-changing educational experience where our students learn the skills and mindsets to take on new careers as web developers. We are looking for a lead instructor with strong human-centered design, UX, and UI skills to play a key role on our growing instructional team.
Why teach our User Experience Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by sharing your love for design with the next generation of designers, we’d love for you to consider joining our team. We deliver more than just skills training, and are looking for teachers who share our vision for a community of lifelong learners pursuing work that they love. As a full-time teacher for our flagship full-time UX program, you will join us on one remotely to:
- Work closely with one or more co-instructors to guide students through a rigorous, transformational journey towards apprenticeship in UX Design.
- Become a better leader, and mentor as you learn from veteran instructors and our world-class instructional coaches.
- Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum.
- Adapt our global curriculum and use it to guide your teaching, building your own lesson plans as needed and contributing back your lessons learned over time.
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students.
What do we teach?
Translate user wants and needs into intuitive digital experiences that power revenue, loyalty, and product success. Build confidence and credibility to tackle complex design problems on the job.
Learn the tools and techniques to design products that are equal parts useful, functional, and delightful. Focusing on both theoretical frameworks and practical applications, students in General Assembly’s User Experience Design course will develop a portfolio project of their choosing — receiving expert feedback along the way.
Skills and Qualifications
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and careers of the newest generation of web developers.
- You have at least 3+ years of experience working on a UX team.
- You have working experience in and are fluent in:
- Human-Centered Design Thinking
- A strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Developing UX/UI wireframe flows, frameworks, and app interface designs for front end production
- Experience in designing, developing, prototyping, and implementing apps through to production.
- Experience with relevant software such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), Miro, Mural etc.
- Experience in UX/UI, app design/development, including developing & implementing consumer facing web and mobile apps
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach 3x week for 4.25 hours (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) and 8 hours every Saturday for the 24 week duration of the program
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons and materials, leveraging existing GA curriculum content.
- Work closely with Instructional Associates to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic, collaborative, and positive classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new skill set
General Assembly is a licensed school in all states that we operate in, and some states require instructors to be licensed to teach. If hired, you will be required to submit and be approved as an instructor in relevant states. Directions for becoming licensed will be shared with you during onboarding. Licensure requirements vary by state, but you may be required to provide academic
If you are a Colorado applicant, you are eligible to receive information about the salary range and benefits for this role. Please contact email@example.com for details.
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.