Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As a Creative Operations Manager, you'll be responsible for building operational excellence of our internal creative team through processes and partnerships that elevate team performance and allow for a culture of creativity and strategic work. You’ll manage key processes for the team, including: project intake and prioritization; quality/risk management; resource management and status reporting; workflow/process improvement; creative reviews; and procurement and cost management of vendors.
The Creative Operations Manager is the backbone of every project. As a natural leader, you will work closely with the Copy, Design, Video and Build team members to ensure that they have everything necessary to do innovative and excellent work and raise the creative bar - on time, on budget and as efficiently as possible.
You are an enthusiastic collaborator who thrives on being engaged at all levels of delivery. You’ll work with in-house General Assembly teams, such as marketing, product, engineering and senior leadership in order to build trusted relationships, understand business needs and manage expectations. You’ll strive to find innovative and efficient ways for Stakeholders to work with Creative in order to meet the objectives and goals of each project on time while striving for creative excellence.
As a detail-oriented problem solver, you thrive in a busy environment, juggling multiple projects at once. You will ensure transparency, efficiency, and clear communications across cross-functional projects and have the ability to harness, organize, and document the brand resources and tools made by the Creative Team, and develop scalable processes to distribute them and ensure their proper usage. You will solicit and organize stakeholder and user input, streamlines project logistics, and work across disciplines to troubleshoot, optimize, and collaborate. You must be able to manage both large and small multi-faceted projects/campaigns or multiple projects at the same time, and passionate about continuous improvement of products, processes and teams.
What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with the Creative Director, discipline leads, and stakeholders across the business to prioritize and meet needs.
- Plan, budget, document and track all aspects of ongoing projects
- Organize team-level ceremonies such as stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Track tasks and team bandwidth
- Track and communicate project status, risks, dependencies and urgent issues.
- Anticipate issues, monitor risks and actively remove barriers to progress.
- Bring better operational efficiency to the team, champion agile creative practices, and continually iterate on those processes as the team grows and evolves.
- Partner with the Creative Director to ensure schedules, resources, and communications across relevant GA teams are consistently in sync, and trade-offs and dependencies are clearly understood by business stakeholders.
- Be involved early in stakeholder work as projects and campaigns are defined.
- Cultivate a healthy team culture of curiosity, experimentation, collaboration and inclusiveness.
- Work closely with the Finance, Legal, and Creative teams to maintain freelancer onboarding including contracting and invoicing
- Develop scalable creative production processes including work intake and prioritization processes; creating templates for frequently used operational documentation; writing asset usage and other guidelines; enhance visibility of Creative team members and responsibilities by knowledge sharing across internal tools such as Confluence, JIRA, and Slack
Skills & Qualifications:
- A strong understanding of the creative process including creative development and production.
- The ability to stay well organized and manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direction. You have a proven track record in getting stuff done.
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- 3+ years hands-on project management experience, in a fast paced and exciting startup culture.
- LMS/blog/site design/video production experience
- Experience managing cross-departmental work in JIRA, Trello and similar project management tools.
- Model a philosophy of curiosity- and trust-based conflict resolution.
- Excellent problem solving skills. You have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment and meet very tight deadlines.
- A reputation for developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional internal and external relationships.
- Ability to communicate with and give direction to designers, freelancers, agencies and other cross-functional partners.
- Excellent decision making capabilities
- Ability to provide focused interdepartmental leadership and have a strong understanding of the steps and processes involved in managing and completing a wide variety of production-related projects (print, site, video, integrated content, live events, LMS,)
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.