The Business Development Manager will be responsible for proactively identifying new business opportunities, introducing strategic staffing solutions and developing a sales strategy to convert these opportunities into new client wins. This role is responsible for being proactive in their sales approach, anticipating and overcoming objections throughout the sales process, and providing strategic and customized staffing solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sales – Operational Planning:
- Identify, construct and maintain an ever-expanding pipeline of potential onsite leads within a defined territory – utilizing your expert knowledge of competitor information and market conditions
- Utilize Adecco’s CRM to maintain and document the sales funnel progression of the top 100 targets within the territory
- Determine the sales strategy for winning each qualified opportunity and manage it through the full sales cycle
- Keep apprised of competitors’ status and market activity and position Adecco above them in sales presentations and negotiations
- Provide weekly sales funnel status updates to the VP of their defined territory
Sales – Operational Delivery:
- Be regarded by both colleagues and clients as an “expert” of the general staffing business in relation to the range of service solutions and delivery mechanisms available to current and potential clients
- Generate qualified leads for bid development and manage corresponding pre-sales activities with the support of our marketing, pricing, legal, operations, service center and sales support team
- Collaborate on proposals to achieve all of Adecco’s onsite objectives and negotiate deals to maximize full revenue potential; including strategically pricing business to ensure gross margins meet/exceed target objectives
- Generate a minimum of one new client per month and one new onsite per quarter
Knowledge – Industry and Market Expertise:
- Stays abreast of leading industry trends and delivery best practices
- Keep apprised of competitors’ status and market activity and utilize our developed differentiators to continue to position Adecco as the industry leader in sales presentations and negotiations
- Partner with subject matter experts within the Adecco organization, industry and defined territory to continue to enhance Adecco’s service offerings
Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three to five years sales experience of staffing delivery models and programs
- Proven history of identifying and implementing successful strategic sales strategies along with analytical expertise of sales processes and metrics
- Successful track record of sales growth, client expansion and new client wins
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Skilled in communicating and interacting effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of staff and management, in one-on-one and group presentation situations
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships and networks
- Ability to develop and implement sales strategies, procedures, goals and objectives
- Ability to strategically plan and serve as a catalyst for sales growth
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Adept at establishing and managing to KPIs and SLAs
- Proficient with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the ability to learn new software is required.
Adecco Group North America, through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands including Accounting Principals, Adecco General Staffing, Adia, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world’s leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.