WHO ARE WE?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As an Instructional Designer, you design blended learning strategies for high-value clients, provide consultative product expertise to the sales process, and contribute to the ongoing discovery, development and delivery of scalable learning products for business.
Design + Execution
- Leverage innovative instructional design methods to create engaging, outcomes-driven in-person (ie, classroom) or virtual (remote) learning experiences tailored for GA’s clients. Note that this role focuses on face-to-face or virtual experiences, and does not involve the creation of eLearning or recorded online content.
- Lead design calls to guide clients through program content, share insight/rationale for instructional approach, and incorporate client feedback.
- Onboard SMEs for classroom delivery of content, and attend the program to observe participants and guide SMEs with live feedback as needed.
- Lead calls or meetings with clients to drill in on learning objectives, participate in the creation and review of proposals, and make recommendations to achieve the client’s objectives.
- Establish consultative, advisory relationships with client stakeholders pre- and post-sale by sharing best practices on instructional design and acting as an internal subject matter expert.
As an Instructional Designer, a typical day might include the following:
- Leading a scoping call with a prospect or client stakeholder to uncover training needs or further define learning objectives within identified areas of interest.
- Working with an Account Director to help draft or give input on a proposal in development.
- Partnering with an SME to brainstorm and restructure the content narrative for a program to make it speak to the needs of a specific client.
- Creating new content or tailoring existing content to a client’s context with updated examples or industry-specific case studies.
- Researching trends in data, digital marketing or other GA discipline.
Our ideal candidate comes with at least 5 years of experience in instructional design and consulting, or is experienced in interacting with clients.
Ideal skills/experience includes:
- Familiarity with Google Suite (e.g., Google slides, Google docs) and Keynote
- Background in a client-facing role, either interacting with or managing stakeholders
- Experience with designing in-person learning experiences and engagement strategies
- Ease in collaborating with subject matter experts and synthesizing feedback
- Experience with scoping learning needs and conducting needs analyses
- Fluency in French & English required (verbal and written)
- Must be located in London or Paris with proper work authorization
This job might be for you if:
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy solving problems.
- You’re patient, cool under pressure, and have strong attention to detail.
- You’re naturally curious and eager to explore a variety of industries and disciplines.
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.