Who We Are:
Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 60,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our upskilling and reskilling initiatives. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
GA is at the leading edge of creating practical solutions to one of the most pressing challenges of our time - the future of work. As recognized by The World Economic Forum, BCG, the OECD and more, these are big challenges to which only a few companies are offering real solutions. In this role you'll be speaking every day to corporate leaders who rely on GA to help them apply these solutions to their workforce of the future.
GA is on a massive growth curve in France, and we’re looking for a strong commercial leader to drive our commercial growth forward. In 2018 alone, France has been a key driver of our EMEA business, which has grown 3x over the previous year. Some highlights:
- Partnering with a major bank in Paris to upskill 1,000 employees and open a new campus.
- Enabling a global FMCG with the skills to implement a new direct to consumer technology platform.
- Launching a groundbreaking new digital skills assessment with a French global beauty company.
- ...and much more
We have ambitions to double the size of our France business in 2019, and are looking for a talented leader in Paris to help us do so.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Refine and execute our Go To Market approach for the region, including customers to target, solutions to region-specific problems, and positioning + relevant thought leadership.
- Formulate and lead appropriate account teams and technical resources to execute on a well-defined, collaborative pursuit strategy to acquire target prospects and orchestrate internal and external resources to close the sale.
- Maintain and build rapport with senior executives and officials to formulate strong, long term business relationships built on trust.
- Lead negotiation of prices and contracts, and understands legal ramification of contracts.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline according to targets, and provides clear and accurate reporting of sales outcomes and activities.
- Develop and grow existing account relationships by deeply understanding how GA can partner best with our clients on an ongoing basis.
Practice Area & Who You’ll Work With:
- We focus on both public and private sector partnerships. In the latter, we focus on four primary industry sub verticals: financial services, professional services, FMCG / CPG and industrials.
- Within these companies, you’ll be working with Chief Digital Officers, Chief HR Officers, Chief Marketing Officers and individual functional owners of the various disciplines e.g. Head of Digital Marketing, Head of Data Analytics, etc.
- Internally, you’ll report to the GM of EMEA & APAC within our Enterprise Business, who in turn reports to the GM of the Enterprise Business globally. In addition, you’ll work in close collaboration with a talented and sharp team of client engagement managers, curriculum designers, and external subject matter experts from some of the world’s leading companies.
If you’re the right person for this role, you probably:
- Are intellectually curious, and excited by working on challenging problems and complex negotiations across lengthy sales and business development cycles.
- Are hardworking and self-motivated.
- Are excited by, and have conversational fluency around the technology landscape, including topics such as software engineering, digital marketing and data science.
- Aren’t just looking for another job, but instead the opportunity to play a leading role in building a company from the ground up.
- This role requires significant travel, up to 50% of the time.
- Must have 5+ years of experience managing engagements and projects with large companies
($1m+) and/or driving enterprise sales & growth, working directly with VP, SVP, and C-level clients at large companies within the region.
- Must be fluent in English and French.
- Excel at designing and articulating complex client proposals.
- Are organized and capable of managing a robust pipeline of business development, sales, and partnership opportunities.
- Current or previous management consulting experience required.
- MBA preferred.
- Must be based in Paris with proper work authorization.
- Career Ambition
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Drive For Results
- Action Oriented
- Political Savvy
- Comfort Around Higher Management
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.