Our Modis brand (soon-to-be Akkodis, a division of The Adecco Group) is hiring a Proposal Manager. The successful candidate will be preparing responses to formal solicitations for multiple office locations across Canada. This includes planning, coordinating, developing, tracking progress, guiding proposal team members, reviewing proposal content for consistency and quality and physically preparing all proposal documents to result in the submission of winning proposals. We are looking for a resourceful team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment. At Modis, we don’t tick boxes – we think outside them. Does the idea of providing on-going guidance and expertise to a sales team appeal to you? Then keep reading. In our Modis family, it’s more than being accepted, it’s knowing you’re respected.
This is an opportunity to join a global brand that is committed to making the future work for everyone. That includes unlocking the potential of our own colleagues by embracing diversity and inclusiveness. The Adecco Group is one of the world’s leading HR Solutions Providers helping to power the prosperity of the economies, societies and markets in which our clients operate. Come and be part of turning disruption into direction and evolution into advantage.What you’ll be doing
• Reviews solicitation documents to identify potential risks / difficulties;
• Plans for the successful completion and submission of winning solicitation responses; • Coordinates proposal development and delivery of proposals by:
• Working closely with Business Development Managers (BDMs), Resource Development Managers (RDMs) and other colleagues in managing, writing and preparing proposals;
• Sending solicitation amendments to the proposal team members and communicating the impact of solicitation amendments on proposals currently in progress;
• Coordinating bid status meetings in accordance with the proposal timelines to report progress;
• Creating proposal schedules;
• Assigning work to proposal team members;
• Coordinating and tracking proposal team members effort against the proposal schedule;
• Creating proposal shells consistent with the bid submission instructions of solicitations;
• Writing proposal content to meet specific proposal requirements;
• Reviewing and providing feedback on proposal content, resource resumes and grids to verify and improve on the content and to ensure all content meets quality objectives; • Maintaining version control of all bid documents;
• Conducting a quality review of entire submissions and providing a final verification against evaluation criteria; and
• Preparing the proposal submission (i.e. physical or electronic assembly), and presenting the submissions to the BDMs for delivery, (as appropriate).
• Performs proposal closeout activities upon submission, by:
• Updating corporate tracking database with current, accurate proposal information; and
• Extracting re-usable/updated components from the final proposal documents and storing them appropriately in corporate repositories.
• Assists other Proposal Team Members in the performance of their position related duties in the spirit of making the team and individuals more effective;
• Helps monitor and respond to requests in the Business Development Centre (BDC) shared Inbox; and
• Sends questions to contracting authorities seeking clarity on solicitations.
• Formats resumes in preparation for proposal submissions;
• Adds additional tags to formatted resumes against the requirements and generates new resource grids;
• Delivers proposals to the client in accordance with the solicitation instructions;
• Bilingualism is an asset;
• Reviews and improves proposal processes and procedures;
• Maintains and supports the BDC’s repository of corporate literature;
• Maintains Proposal Templates;
• Participates on various projects throughout the year, in support of BDC efforts; and
• Performs daily backup functions of the Proposal Administrator position and as required.
• Post-Secondary Education (college or university) combined with office administration, writing/editing experience, or experience within a similar role;
• 2-7 years’ experience responding to Canadian Federal / Provincial Government solicitations, (previous experience working with teams in responding to formal solicitations tenders, coordinating schedules and setting deadlines);
• Technical writing, freelance writing or editing, technical recruiting for Request for Proposals (RFP’s), account management with an RFP component are all assets;
• Ability to assess solicitation documents and review proposal submissions to ensure compliance, integrity and quality is desired;
• Familiarity in using BuyandSell, MERX® and other tender websites used for the release of business opportunities are considered assets;
• Knowledge of Federal / Provincial Government or other Procurement processes are all assets; and
• Understands business processes and practices and the ability to follow established procedures for engaging work in developing proposals and provide improvements are all assets.
It’s an exciting time to be part of our Modis team here at The Adecco Group. We’re proud to be a global thought-leader and care about doing the best job we can to ensure better futures for everyone. We do this by building our Future@Work strategy as a united team of 30,000+ colleagues with a collective spirit working in over 60 countries globally.
You’ll have the opportunity to grow across a variety of interesting jobs and careers over our extensive portfolio of global brands. We empower our colleagues to work in the smartest, most efficient ways to achieve total balance between the demands of their jobs and their lives. That’s why we give you the autonomy and support you need to work in the way that makes you most productive, agile, confident and insightful.
Putting people first, pioneering with a collective spirit and always advancing with a growth mindset - that’s what we stand for at The Adecco Group. Here, we are all individuals with a unique perspective on the world we live in. That’s what makes us stronger. Whoever you are and whatever your background, you can be yourself. So, we aim to build on the attributes that make you, you. We offer a range of world-class resources for upskilling and development, satisfying your curiosity while sharing skills, knowledge and expertise to grow together.
Do you want to make an impact where it matters most? Apply NOW!A journey to bring out the best in you
We believe that having an understanding of the hiring process helps you to prepare, feel, and be at your best. As a global, multi-brand organisation with many different roles, our application process can vary.
On our career site, you will find some of the key steps you can expect to guide you along the way.
As one of the world’s largest employers we believe in talent, not labels, and focus on the diverse and unique skills our people bring. We seek to foster a culture of belonging and purpose, an environment where everyone can thrive and feel engaged, and where difference is respected and valued. Our commitment to equity, equal opportunity, inclusion, and diversity is part of our broader commitment to respecting fundamental human rights across our value chain. The Adecco Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.