Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
Role & Responsibilities
General Assembly is looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our Talent and People team to spearhead an exciting initiative for General Assembly. As our Talent Placements Specialist, you should be both empathetic, results-oriented and entrepreneurial, You’ll be responsible for partnering with the Director, Talent Acquisition and the growth initiatives team to build GA’s new talent placements business, centering around consistent asks from our alumni community to provide ongoing career support after their first job following a GA Immersive program. The talent acquisition specialist will also be responsible for leveraging relationships with hiring managers and recruiters that typically hire talent out of GA programs and seeing if they would be interested in interviewing more experienced talent also formerly out of GA programs, specifically from our software engineering, data science and design alumni communities in New York.
- Partner with hiring partners to provide timely sourcing, screening, interviewing and selection of candidates from the GA alumni community
- Full life cycle recruiting – Consultative requisition kickoffs, sourcing, interviewing, offer negotiations, etc within our alumni community
- Identify, develop and maintain a network of contacts of hiring partners, hiring managers and recruiters that have strong relationships with GA, but also new hiring partners
- Maintain accurate and concise records regarding the recruitment and selection process within Salesforce
- Manage the candidate experience as he/she goes through the recruitment process. Ensure the most positive experience through accuracy of information relayed and timely response to information requests.
- Provide career guidance, resume review support and encouragement to the candidates from our programs interested in being placed in mid to senior level roles- empathy is our secret weapon!
- Direct decisions on final candidates and partner with management for final hiring decisions.
- Actively engage and initiate process improvements as needed.
- Hiring and Staffing You have a nose for talent and guide hiring the best people available from inside or outside. You know how to structure an interview process and ask the right behavioral questions to discern strong candidates.
- Process Management You’re good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done and understand how to separate and combine tasks into efficient recruiting workflow. You can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others often can't and you get more out of fewer resources (i.e. use every part of the buffalo). You’re systems and digitally savvy in all approaches to sourcing great talent, and are highly organized and metrics driven –you always know where the funnel is, ROI per source, and are creative at solving sourcing challenges.
- Drive For Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Priority Setting & Time Management: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus;Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2+ years of progressively more responsible recruiting or business development experience, ideally in a staffing environment with BD/full desk as part of the role but not required
- Experience recruiting for technical or digital positions, ideally software engineering (preferred but not necessary)
- Proficiency in applicant tracking systems or salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree not required, but it’s a huge plus if the candidate has taken a GA course or workshop!
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.