Grow your career with Adecco Group North America, the world’s leading provider of recruiting and career services.
The Collector performs work as an integral part of the Melville Shared Services Center Collections team. Ensures the integrity of the Company’s accounts receivable balances by adhering to sound collection procedures that increase cash flow and reduce aged receivables. Performs daily functions including collection phone calls and distribution of in-coming mail and correspondence. Works under direct supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs daily functions efficiently utilizing knowledge of collections, billing, and cash application systems including: handling busy phones and distribution of in-coming mail and correspondence.
- Coordinates with Implementation team, field account owners, and Client Services to ensure the set up of accounts meet specified criterions as outlined in Credit and Collections Guidelines.
- Works directly with clients and field account owners to ensure all issues affecting payments are resolved quickly, accurately, and permanently.
- Reviews and analyzes collection reports and collection tool to determine account status. Organizes collection calls accordingly and contacts all past due accounts.
- Maintains collection notes in system tool.
- Reviews billing process of assigned accounts to ensure account is set up according to contract guidelines and client’s requirements.
- Ensures clients are remitting payments which meet specific criterions that allow cash application to be completely performed at the auto lockbox.
- Encourages client to remit payment according to corporation’s criteria. Works with client in order to provide accurate check application information.
- Establishes strong working relationships with clients, colleagues, and management, and escalates complex issues to Collections management.
- Provides administrative support to field and Collection team as needed.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE & OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and six months related experience in collections and accounts receivable.
- Excellent data entry skills. Basic skills in MS Word and Excel. Experience with Oracle and PeopleSoft a plus.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks, problem resolution, and prioritization. Must be organized and have excellent communication and customer service skills.
ADECCO RETAINS THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MODIFY JOB DUTIES AT ANY TIME. THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT ALL ENCOMPASSING. NEEDS AND REQUIREMENTS MAY VARY BETWEEN LOCATIONS AND ACCORDING TO BUSINESS NECESSITY.
Adecco Group North America, through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands including Accounting Principals, Adecco General Staffing, Adia, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world’s leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.