Pontoon is hiring a Contract Administrator who is directly responsible for delivering consultative solutions for tactical and operational service delivery under MSP, for lifecycle activities for TVCs (Temps, Vendors, Contractors), from onboarding to exit and everything in between. This role uses communication, organizational, and business knowledge to apply broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures related to commercial administration. Will work with global client stakeholders in North America, South America, Europe, South East Asia, and North Asia, to work on their respective contracts.What you'll be doing
- Manages contract lifecycle from end to end.
- Maintains contract database maintenance.
- Builds and maintains reference/template library.
- Conducts contract reviews, redlining, and recommends amendments.
- Assists with RFI and RFP initiatives.
- Reviews and summarizes/scores RFP responses.
- Assists in responding to Customer’s questions to Pontoon’s proposals and prepares data for review, as well as oral presentations and debriefs.
- Tracks contract modifications and updates as necessary.
- Drafts contract wording and prepares contract amendments.
- Negotiates task orders, delivery orders and contract changes.
- Facilitates contract approvals process including interacting with business owners, legal representatives, financial and policy advisors, etc.
- Reviews existing contract/billing abstracts and prepares any updates as necessary, along with preparing outgoing correspondence.
- Prepares weekly status reports and participates in customer and internal meetings as necessary.
- Works with routine and complex contract clauses and contractual requirements and researches contract issues.
- Serves as point-of-contact with prime contractor's, proposal managers, client legal team members, and pricing personnel for contractual issues, non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, and/or cost proposals. Works with Project Managers to negotiate teaming agreements and statements of work.
- Maintains contract files, systems, and statements of work.
- Supports multiple focus areas of operations and SME and as Backup.
- Collects data from various partners via phone call/emails or any other mode suggested by management.
- Keeps data up to date in all relevant tools.
- Participates in SOP and process development initiatives.
- Trains and guide new members.
We want to set you up for success! To help us do that, here is what we are looking for from you:
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Achieves excellent customer satisfaction and exceed client expectations.
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders (client, suppliers, MSP team).
- Responsible for knowing terms and conditions of assigned teaming agreements and RFPs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
It’s an exciting time to be part of our team. We’re proud to be a global thought-leader and care about doing the best job we can to ensure better futures for everyone. We do this by building our Future@Work strategy as a united team of 30,000+ colleagues with a collective spirit working in over 60 countries globally.
You’ll have the opportunity to grow across a variety of interesting jobs and careers over our extensive portfolio of global brands. We empower our colleagues to work in the smartest, most efficient ways to achieve total balance between the demands of their jobs and their lives. That’s why we give you the autonomy and support you need to work in the way that makes you most productive, agile, confident and insightful.
Putting people first, pioneering with a collective spirit and always advancing with a growth mindset -that’s what we stand for at the Adecco Group. Here, we are all individuals with a unique perspective on the world we live in. That’s what makes us stronger. Whoever you are and whatever your background, you can be yourself. So, we aim to build on the attributes that make you, you. We offer a range of world-class resources for upskilling and development, satisfying your curiosity while the sharing skills, knowledge and expertise to grow together.
Make an impact where it matters most.A journey to bring out the best in you
We believe that having an understanding of the hiring process helps you to prepare, feel, and be, at your best. As a global, multi brand organisation with multiple different roles, our application process can vary.
On our career site, you will find some of the key steps you can expect to guide you along the way.
As one of the world’s largest employers we believe in talent, not labels, and focus on the diverse and unique skills our people bring. We seek to foster a culture of belonging and purpose, an environment where everyone can thrive and feel engaged, and where difference is respected and valued. Our commitment to equity, equal opportunity, inclusion, and diversity is part of our broader commitment to respecting fundamental human rights across our value chain. The Adecco Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.