The Lead Advisory Consultant assists client’s end users through all phases of the client requisition process in order to encourage a fair and competitive environment as well as maintain adherence to program process and compliance. Responsible for developing partnering relationships with client’s end user community and gaining
a strong understanding of their business. This role requires experience in overall workforce management and the ability to differentiate between labor categories and provide cross functional support. Required client facing experience to drive conversation and provide guidance on different delivery solutions. Role requires prior
recruiting experience. Optimize efforts to service client in a high-quality, cost-effective manner for multiple client work locations. Responsible for management of assigned resources including performance management and time approval. Works under minimal supervision.
• Provides governance, leadership, liaison, and subject matter expertise responsibilities down to
subordinate program team.
• Ensures service delivery and oversight of Pontoon teams assigned to a particular procurement category
(IT, Consulting, etc.)
• Assists / owns complex procurement transactions beyond coverage of subordinate teams.
• Provides assigned resources adequate oversight, training and leadership to ensure they reach
• Acts as the day-to-day escalation contact for Procurement Specialists within the account. Designs and
implements a team-results oriented culture, reinforcing collective results over individual results.
• Supports program to ensure that financial goals and objectives are met or exceeded while ensuring full
compliance on all policies and procedures.
• Works with Business Analyst and other applicable resources to provide accurate, timely and complete
performance analyses. Accountable for monthly/quarterly reporting of the MSP on the various metrics
that have been established for the program.
• Supports the client’s workforce management requirements to include performing as a sourcing
advisor, mediator, and negotiator on client’s behalf.
• Evaluates client’s project requirements to determine best ;practice sourcing solution; escalates
deviations for client approvals / decision making. Develops deep competency knowledge of the
business and supplier community to assist with sourcing recommendations.
• Responsible for managing all stages of requisition activity using VMS technology. Oversees the use of
VMS technology to ensure optimum, cost-effective, timely, and high-quality results. Provides adequate
oversight, training and leadership to ensure end user community and supplier partnerships reach
• Provides consultative support to end users to clarify job responsibilities, skills and other requirements
of specific requisitions.
Leverages recruiting experience to review and shortlist candidate submittals from suppliers to ensure
the best qualified candidates are submitted for end user review and placement.
• Performs analysis to include cost savings reporting and other quality or efficiency data to help improve
operational processes. Understanding of pricing models and what goes in to creation of bill rate along
with candidate employment status.
• Provides program Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) training and updates to supplier and client
end user community on a regular basis to ensure understanding and compliance of VMS technology
use and overall program cadences. Communicates program procedural changes and updates to
program suppliers and client users in a timely manner.
What You'll be Doing (cont.)
• Confirms suppliers appropriately manage their employee on-boarding, employee relations issues, and off-boarding activities.
• Provides and analyzes standard program reporting to client end users and stakeholders, to include the support of ad hoc report requests as required.
Establishes and maintains a proactive, positive working relationship with client end users and suppliers
through regular phone and in-person contact. Performs site visits and promotes communication with the
client end users within assigned market area or skill set.
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field with a minimum of five (5) years of related professional and recruiting experience with a proven track record measured by customer service levels and satisfaction, increased responsibilities, and working relationships with colleagues and management; or equivalent combination of post high school education and experience. Ability and willingness to travel is required. Previous experience working with Statement of Work (SOW) procurement agreements is highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing, both in one-on-one and in group
presentation settings with various levels of professionals both internal and external.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to professionally and effectively represent the organization as required.
• Ability ;to perform accurately in a detailed environment while being able to effectively prioritize,
organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
• Ability to self-manage workload, set target dates, meet deadlines, follow processes, and develop and
implement project road maps to achieve optimum results.
• Ability to demonstrate high-level customer service to internal and external clients.
• Ability to effectively influence others at various levels within the organization and who represents
• Ability to negotiate pricing and delivery terms with supplier firms.
• Knowledge of and the ability to utilized best practices in purchasing, procurement and client
• Knowledge of and the ability to effectively utilize accounts payable, purchase ;order, and Vendor
Management Systems and tools.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
It’s an exciting time to be part of our team. We’re proud to be a global thought-leader and care about doing the best job we can to ensure better futures for everyone. We do this by building our Future@Work strategy as a united team of 30,000+ colleagues with a collective spirit working in over 60 countries globally.
You’ll have the opportunity to grow across a variety of interesting jobs and careers over our extensive portfolio of global brands. We empower our colleagues to work in the smartest, most efficient ways to achieve total balance between the demands of their jobs and their lives. That’s why we give you the autonomy and support you need to work in the way that makes you most productive, agile, confident and insightful.
Putting people first, pioneering with a collective spirit and always advancing with a growth mindset -that’s what we stand for at the Adecco Group. Here, we are all individuals with a unique perspective on the world we live in. That’s what makes us stronger. Whoever you are and whatever your background, you can be yourself. So, we aim to build on the attributes that make you, you. We offer a range of world-class resources for upskilling and development, satisfying your curiosity while the sharing skills, knowledge and expertise to grow together.
Make an impact where it matters most.A journey to bring out the best in you
We believe that having an understanding of the hiring process helps you to prepare, feel, and be, at your best. As a global, multi brand organisation with multiple different roles, our application process can vary.
On our career site, you will find some of the key steps you can expect to guide you along the way.
As one of the world’s largest employers we believe in talent, not labels, and focus on the diverse and unique skills our people bring. We seek to foster a culture of belonging and purpose, an environment where everyone can thrive and feel engaged, and where difference is respected and valued. Our commitment to equity, equal opportunity, inclusion, and diversity is part of our broader commitment to respecting fundamental human rights across our value chain. The Adecco Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.