Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas and the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
This is unique opportunity to work with GA as we deliver a custom, 10-week part-time program to one of our enterprise clients, a high-profile technology/data company. In this program, senior leaders from our partner will be “hand-selected” as part of this initiative. Through this training, they will learn and practice turning real-world datasets into actionable, data-driven insights they can communicate; post-training, these leaders will bring their skills/ideas back to their teams to help drive a internal shift toward automation and predictive analysis across the organization.
We will be using Excel, SQL, Qlik Sense, and Python as the primary tools for analysis, and are looking for a seasoned data professional to lead this learning experience. We will provide a core curriculum, along with other instructor resources like slides, exercises, and datasets.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You have strong experience using the following tools: Excel, SQL, Qlik Sense, and Python.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of eager General Assembly program participants.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to problem-solve.
- You can speak and advocate for industry trends, particularly in the financial and tech sectors, for tools and techniques used in data analysis, data science, and big data.
- You have experience teaching, lecturing, in technical training, or mentoring entry-level analysts.
- You have a strong senior presence and have experience influencing senior decision-makers.
- You have at least 5 years of work experience in a role where you’ve been responsible for cleaning messy data, analyzing the data and presenting your data based insights.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Teach 3 hours per day (9am-12pm), 2 days a week, for 10 weeks.
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons and materials, leveraging existing GA curriculum content.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new suite of skills
General Assembly is a licensed school in all states that we operate in, and some states require instructors to be licensed to teach. If hired, you will be required to submit and be approved as an instructor in relevant states. Directions for becoming licensed will be shared with you during onboarding. Licensure requirements vary by state, but you may be required to provide academic transcripts and to answer questions pertaining to moral character, professional conduct, education, and work history. General Assembly will pay for all licensing fees.
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.