Reporting to: Head of SDM
Location: APAC IT Hub, Kuala Lumpur
- Providing overall guidance, structure, and authority for the creation and maintenance of solutions. Owner of the technical ‘release train’ / upgrade cycle for a solution.
- Responsible for providing the specification of technologies, application architectures and data structures as a basis for application development or customization.
- Responsible for producing and maintaining all design documentation in line with Solution and/or Infrastructure Architecture standards.
- Responsible for endorsing the solution’s design for deployment into the production environments.
- Might be asked according to experience to manage the application development & support team by building a team structure that can adapt to changing business demand
- Ensure level 2 and/or level 3 support for the responsible solutions area
- Regional Solution Delivery Manager
- Project Managers
- Solution Developers, Testers
- Solution & Infrastructure Architects
- IT Production Team
- IT Security and Compliance
- External partners for solution development
- Internal business users
- Quality and completeness of high level and detailed design documents
- Timeliness of solutions/services delivered within agreed SLA
- Operational excellence for assigned business solutions
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Act as the key systems authority and subject matter expert for assigned business solutions
- Guarantee all work is compliant with internal and external audit requirements and complies with financial legislative requirements (e.g. statutory, reporting, tax etc)
- Work closely with the Solution Architects, Infrastructure Architects and other technical team leads to ensure any proposed solutions fully integrate with existing and developing architectural patterns.
- Design the details of the application both functionally and technically
- Create design documents: high level functional and non-functional design as technical design specifications
- Consult with (when needed) and obtain design validation by Architecture team
- Consult with (when needed) and obtain design approvals from IT Security and Compliance team
- Ensure solutions are technically robust and are technically fit for purpose.
- Where necessary, work with project managers to ensure designs and technical deliverables meet project objectives.
- Monitor technical activity for assigned business solutions, highlighting major issues, and formulating solutions.
- Evaluate systems change proposals ensuring adherence to or adaptation of the architecture and strategy.
- Champion implementation of architectural changes within the agreed program of work.
- Package evaluation and recommendation on “build or buy” decisions.
- Identify and recommend vendors for the development and maintenance of the responsible solution area
- Manage the vendor(s) to make certain they are performing to contractual agreements based on agreed KPIs / SLA
People, Resource management responsibilities& Decision Power:
- Design approach and creation of functional, non-functional and technical design details in alignment with Architecture
- Release Train/upgrade cycle for a solution
Minimum requirements& Personal attributes:
Education and certifications/training:
- University degree in an IT technical subject
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and/or ITIL Service Management processes
- ITIL v3 Certification preferred
- Experience of using Oracle, MS-SQL, or other database technologies to deliver major systems.
- Good to excellent command of business English
- Second language desirable, English essential
Professional & Leadership experience:
- Minimum 3 years in an application support role
- Experience of the techniques, technologies and standards employed in designing and developing applications.
- Experience in application architecture or solution design
- Troubleshooting experience in Enterprise Applications
- Leading Teams/ Teamwork
- Strategic Planning & Judgement
- Driving Financial Results & Innovation
- Learning Agility & Curiosity
- Community Impact
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.