The Adecco Group,the world leader in HR solutions, has a global, internal technology evolution organization, named Global Information Technology (IT). Our mission is to optimize IT processes, consolidate data centres, and standardize systems that result in innovative, flexible, and scalable technology solutions for our clients, candidates, and colleagues. Adecco recognizes that these goals cannot be accomplished without individuals who thrive in a high-challenge, high-reward environment, and is regularly seeking high-impact talent around the globe.
The Lead IT Specialist Quality Assurance will have full accountability / responsibility for testing all web related IT projects. This will include projects like migrations to our new Sitecore CMS platform, SharePoint projects, enhancements to our custom candidate search tool, and changes to our various portals for associates and candidates. This person will also be responsible for conducting and overseeing a wide range of quality control tests and analytics to ensure software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. They will track requirements, document test scenarios, and manage defects for all testing phases. To accomplish this, they will work closely with our offshore testing partner as they assign and oversee the work performed offshore. Participates in the preparation of Operational Acceptance Test (OAT) and Basic Acceptance Test (BAT) phases. Uses communication and leadership ability to address concerns/tasks and analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of HP ALM/QC (requirements, test plan, test lab, & defects modules)
- Utilizes testing tools to draft, revise and present test plans, test conditions and scripts to senior team members.
- Works with offshore team to create and execute test conditions, workbooks and scripts while analyzing and considering functional/technical specifications.
- Analyzes new functionality delivered through new web applications, new interfaces or new infrastructures and executes test workbooks and documents results.
- Ensures system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved; accountable for re-testing and regression testing.
- Participates in and supports BAT/UAT (Business Acceptance Testing, or User Acceptance Testing) phases as needed.
- Reviews test workbooks and automated test scripts created by peers. Experience leading other manual testers, while working with test automation teams
Education requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent combination of post high school education and experience.
Years of experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of related software/application quality assurance testing experience
- SQL Technical knowledge.
- Basic project / resource mgmt. skills to coordinate multiple efforts at once
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel pivot tables, formulas
- Demonstrate leadership abilities to evaluate information, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment, and experience.
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Previous experience working in a global organization is highly desirable.
- Experience / knowledge of browser compatibility testing and mobile testing
- Experience with waterfall and agile testing methodology.
Adecco Group North America, through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands including Accounting Principals, Adecco General Staffing, Adia, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world’s leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
***Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.