The Finance Manager serves as the financial partner and strategic advisor to the senior vice president (SVP) and other leadership for the business unit, providing short to medium-term tactical direction, long-term strategy and operational oversight. Responsible for developing, maintaining, and communicating analyses, consultative business advice and action plans for underperforming units. Collaborates with SVP and other business leadership on the development of financial and budgeting plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains weekly, monthly, quarterly, and/or annual financial reporting and forecasting to effectively monitor and manage productivity, accuracy and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Establishes consultative relationship with SVP and other operational leaders. Provides sound business advice, recommendations supported with data and facts. Provides world class service to business partners. Engages in courageous conversations.
- Effectively communicates advice through verbal and written channels that is clear, concise and action oriented.
- Continually assesses the effectiveness of strategies and best practices for budgeting and forecasting; develops and implements tools designed to improve budgeting and forecasting process; and monitors and enforces adherence to approved budgets and forecasts to ensure EBITA targets are achieved.
- Collaborates with SVPs and other business leadership as well as other business teams to develop and execute plans that increase productivity and improve overall financial results.
- Leads presentation creation for global reviews with CEO, CFO and other global leadership
- Remains current on regulatory requirements, organizational compliance policies, economic and business conditions, operating trends by business, as well as industry and market trends; researches, analyzes, and forecasts business impact and/or risk; and ensures timely updates to SVPs and other business leadership.
- Aligns Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with organizational goals and provides updates to SVPs and other business leadership.
- Leads and participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance plus a minimum of five (5) years of experience in finance support of a large business unit. Willingness and ability to travel at a minimum of 20% is required. Advanced degree preferred. Experience in the staffing industry, highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to act accordingly under strong pressure, along with the ability to effectively manage crisis situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others at various levels within the organization.
- Ability to effectively influence others at various levels within the organization.
- Ability to establish strategic financial and budgeting plans.
- Ability to evaluate information, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment, experience and common sense.
- Ability to gather, assemble, consolidate and analyze facts, draw conclusions and devise solutions.
- Ability to identify and/or document existing and new processes as well as evaluate their effectiveness, develop improvements and/or recommend changes or alternatives.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Ability to proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Advanced knowledge of and the ability to apply best practices and standards in finance and accounting.
- Advanced knowledge of and the ability to apply concepts, principles, and financial practices to business planning, forecasting, budgeting, and cost control procedures, as well as the ability to prepare and monitor budget information.
- Advanced proficiency in Hyperion.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply sound leadership practices, including developing employees by inspiring, encouraging and providing constructive criticism to improve performance.
- Knowledge of training methodologies and the ability to develop and deliver technical/operational training to various levels of employees.
- Skilled in communicating effectively, verbally and in writing.
Adecco Group North America, through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands including Accounting Principals, Adecco General Staffing, Adia, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world’s leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.