Onsite Recruitment Manager
At Adecco, we transform the world of work through people who love what they do.
As the world’s leading workforce solutions company, we have a big impact on businesses and job seekers across the globe. Whether it’s temporary staffing, permanent placement or outsourcing that our clients need, we match the right people with the right places. We connect over 700,000 people in more than 60 countries. We consult with companies in a whole range of industries and sectors. And, we bring the best expertise in from the largest candidate database of any employment agency. Candidates and companies alike, we work to put their needs first. Passionate about helping people reach their full potential? Want to bring big opportunity to businesses all over the world? Find your place at Adecco.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the primary function of the Candidate Consultant is to provide a high level of administrative and sales support to the branch, in accordance with the needs of the business. Depending on whether you are aligned to the temporary or permanent side of the business, or both, Some of the following responsibilities will be included. A Candidate Consultant s supports the smooth running of the branch in all areas of administration and sales. Promote the branch positively in relation to candidates, clients and fellow colleagues to achieve the maximum capability of the branch. A Candidate Consultant is also an ambassador of the branch familiar with its client base, candidate pool and services that Adecco provides
The role of the Onsite Recruitment Manager will be to assist the line managers in the complete delivery of recruitment and candidate aftercare management in line with specific client requirements. Duties will include the attraction of quality candidates and their subsequent aftercare whilst on assignment with Adecco and the client. Delivery against agreed costs and timescales is an essential part of the role as well as client and candidate interaction
What will you do in the role?
- Developing and maintaining long-term relationship with the client
- To work with colleagues on the same account to ensure consistent service
- Operate as the point of contact for the client and for Adecco at a site management level
- Connect with key business executives and stakeholders to deliver world class customer service
- Collaborate with internal teams and client management team to deliver a positive candidate experience
- Produce in depth reports for regional and EU management using Microsoft Office & in-house software
- Provide day to day management of the site support teams, providing leadership and mentoring members of the team
- Upon the customer's request and subject to applicable law, effectively manage any conduct and capability issue (performance, productivity, quality, and ill health) concerning the Temporary Workers and any complaint or grievance made by a Temporary Worker in accordance with good industry practice and the customer's processes
- Meet all client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines
What are we looking for?
- Proven work experience as a Contract Manager or Recruitment Consultant
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple management tasks at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Solid experience with MS Office software (particularly MS Excel)
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What’s in it for you?
With us, you have the opportunity to work within a FTSE 500 company for the good of thousands of people across the globe. Not only does this give you the confidence to succeed in a stable and ever-evolving environment, but it also means that you’ll be sharing that confidence with others, helping candidates to believe in themselves and companies to believe in their teams. What matters most to us is being a business centred around people. That’s why we’re dedicated to putting our colleagues first. Whether that means encouraging your active involvement in our charity programmes, offering the opportunity to travel, pushing you to reach your goals or providing the training you need to excel, we’re in it for the long run. Are you? Make your job your career.
We believe in talent, not labels. As a people business, our expertise and energy are always going into improving everyone’s chances of being part of the world of work. Our people are at the core of our business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive culture for everyone to feel supported in their day-to-day work and during their development throughout their career. We seek to foster a culture of belonging and purpose, an environment where everyone can thrive and feel engaged, and where difference is respected and valued. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunity regardless of, for example, your gender, age, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We also engage with employers to develop programmes and pathways that embrace diverse talent and promote more inclusive employment worldwide through partnerships and other initiatives. We recognise and celebrate the value of difference and how it makes us faster, smarter and more innovative.
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.