The Career Coach provides comprehensive coaching services to Olympic and Paralympic athletes and hopefuls. Builds relationships with athletes, employers, Adecco Group, and other relevant stakeholders in a high quality, cost-effective manner. Works collaboratively with employers and program participants while accurately monitoring progress.
Assist with affectively managing clients through athletic lifespan as well as pre and post transition to ensure high levels of quality placement outcomes. Assist qualified athletes with creating personalized career development plans including, resume preparation, job search strategy, interview preparation, addressing skill gaps, expanding personal networks, life skills, and job placement assistance through one-on-one distance career coaching.
Provide excellent customer service by following up with athletes, the ACE network, and employers to garner feedback and address any potential concerns. Create new job search resources and develop employer opportunities for various populations. Assist Adecco Group marketing, IOC ACP, and USOPC in optimizing success stories to use in the promotion of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of comprehensive remote career coaching, life skills, and placement services that support each athlete’s occupational, educational, and personal growth goals. Support athlete portfolio through the development of employment transition plans including building their personal brand, translating athletic skills sets, assisting with quality job searches, resume/portfolio preparation, interviewing, goal setting, and networking competencies.
- Conduct initial ACE participant needs assessment and formulate individual service plans to gainful employment.
- Guides qualified athletes through the enrollment/endorsement process and connects athlete with Lee Hecht Harrison career counseling services.
- Identify specific skills required for employment and help clients obtain these skills, as well as assist individuals in job application and interview preparation processes.
- Support relationships with stakeholders to create additional program resources and assist athletes with meeting their occupational, educational, and personal growth goals.
- Assist with marketing the program to the workforce community to recruit new employers thereby increasing the number of career opportunities available to active and retired athletes. Support in the facilitation of onboarding new ACE employers.
- Maintain current employment opportunities through successful account management with employers and relevant organizations.
- Assist with production of job-seeker content for ACE platform. Provide content for ACE blogs, videos, social media, print materials, stakeholder publications and website content that raise the visibility of the ACE program.
- Support the delivery of leadership and direction in the areas of program management in the workforce community, career coaching best practices, creating new resources and maintaining positive alumni relationships with clients.
- Accurately document all participant and employment outreach, activities and outcomes. Maintaincomprehensive and precise case notes to document progress for each client as prescribed by their individual service plans.
- Ensures placement activities abide to all laws and regulations and requirements of the sponsor company’s Terms and Conditions of contract.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Taken or willingness to take the Facilitating Career Development (FCD) Course upon hire
- 2+ years working one-on-one with student athletes, professional athletes, special populations, and/or transitioning veterans
- Shadow, internships, or direct work experience in a career center or similar setting
STRONGLY PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Sports Management, Counseling, Sports Psychology, or a similar field
- 3 to 5 years of one-on-one career coaching with both in-person and remote setting client experience
- Career Certification(s): Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) or the NCDA’s Certified Career Service Provider (CCSP), Certified Career Counselor (CCC), IFC Life Coaching Certification, other professional career coaching certifications preferred with additional distance coaching CECs
- Assessment Certifications like CliftonStrengths, Strong Interest Inventory, MBTI, etc. a bonus!
- Familiarity with the Olympic and Paralympic movement
*If an equivalency statement is used for education and experience, specific number of years must be listed. Generally, an Associate’s Degree equates to two (2) years, Bachelor’s Degree equates to four (4) years, Master’s Degree equates to at least six (6) years.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to self-manage schedule with flexibility built in to multi-task
- Excellent case management documentation that supports data and successful client outcomes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Proficient in skills assessment and knowledge of job placement resources.
- Ability to manage multiple clients, employers with superior customer service.
- Ability to foster positive relationships with clients on the phone and over video chat.
- Ability to handle multiple problems simultaneously
- Proficient with cloud computing technology including GoogleDocs/Sheets, social media platforms (i.e. LinkedIn Premier) and video communication applications.
- Proficiency in Salesforce preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Please submit your application as a SINGLE document that includes your Resume & Cover Letter for consideration to this position. Be prepared to have a general understanding of theACE program, the USOPC, Adecco, & The Adecco Group.
Adecco Group North America, through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands including Accounting Principals, Adecco General Staffing, Adia, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world’s leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.