Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organized individual, who leads by example. The Local Marketing Associate will support the local marketing team in the promotion and execution of events, workshops, and other creative, local campaigns that will drive foot traffic to campus and grow General Assembly’s presence in Chicago. This is a role for a motivated team player who wants to be part of a fast-paced, growing educational community. This is a part-time role (15 hours/week) working out of our Chicago location.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Support event operations by handling duties including:
- Logistics & execution leading up to event
- Speaker outreach and communication
- Run of show and day-of coordination
- Promotional material and asset creation
- Support class and workshop operations by handling duties including:
- Scheduling classrooms and instructors
- Communicating with instructors
- Organizing class materials
- Responding to student inquiries and requests
- Serve as the main point of contact and representative at a minimum of one (1) evening or breakfast events per week, ensuring a quality experience for partners, speakers, and attendees
- Produce and publish social media content across Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook platforms
Skills & Qualifications:
- You are detail-oriented with strong organization skills
- You are able to anticipate customer needs and act accordingly
- You maintain a positive and professional demeanor
- You are a problem-solver and have the ability to come up with quick solutions
- You are able to multitask and enjoy wearing many hats
- You learn new processes quickly and accurately
- You are proactive and comfortable working with minimal supervision
- Prior customer service experience and/or strong networking abilities strongly preferred
- Time Management
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Problem Solving
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.