The Adecco Group is the world’s leading HR solutions company. We believe in making the future work for everyone, and every day empower 3.5 million careers. We inspire, skill, develop and hire in 60 countries, enabling individuals and organizations to embrace the future of work. As a Fortune Global 500 company, we lead by example, creating shared value that meets social needs while driving business innovation. Our culture of inclusivity, fairness and teamwork empowers individuals and organisations, fuels economies, and builds better societies. These values resonate with our employees, who have voted us a Great Place to Work® - World’s Best Workplaces for the past four consecutive years. The Adecco Group is based in Zurich, Switzerland. Adecco Group AG is registered in Switzerland (ISIN: CH0012138605) and listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ADEN). The group is powered by nine lead brands: Adecco, Modis, Badenoch & Clark, Spring Professional, Lee Hecht Harrison, Pontoon, Adia, YOSS and General Assembly.
The Adecco Group is the world’s leading provider of workforce solutions, transforming the world of work through talent and technology. As a Data Scientist – Operations you will part of a world-class team of data scientists, as well as of our broader digital group to spearhead new innovative solutions, enhancements to existing products by applying and developing AI solutions based on machine learning, planning and reasoning across all aspects of the business. We are looking for growing leaders who can lead, inspire and be hands-on both managerially and technically in a rewarding environment.
This data science role is technology-centric and will focus on data science operations: engineering and developing machine learning models efficiently, deploying them rapidly at scale, and operating them with dependability and quality assurance. Principal and senior roles will take a larger and more proactive role in stakeholder management and in shaping the future of our growing organization.
- Build, develop and support data & AI opportunities with the digital organization and business lines across products and solutions.
- Satisfy requirements, execute projects and ensure dependability.
- Setup, build, test, evaluate and improve machine learning models and AI systems.
- Develop and deploy software for data & AI initiatives while consulting with a broad and diverse set of stakeholders.
- Ensure reliable, scalable and efficient execution in data science operations.
- Bring capabilities to sustainable life.
- Engineer and operate with cross-functional teams to drive data & AI vision and broad adoption.
- Remain accountable for quality, development, integration, impact and access of AI-driven solutions
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Applied and Industrial Mathematics, Operations Research or equivalent practical experience.
- Significant experience with statistical software (i.e., R, Python, Julia, MATLAB, etc.), understanding of databases (i.e., SQL, NoSQL), machine learning libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.), cloud platforms and distributed storage and processing of big data (Hadoop, Spark, etc.).
- Solid understanding of industrial mathematics and statistics.
- Experience in project management, data analysis, research and testing methodology, rapid prototyping.
- Experience in development and deployment at scale of machine learning systems, together with setup and operation of the underlying infrastructure.
- Experience with software engineering methodologies (agile, waterfall, spiral, etc.) and best practices.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues to a broad audience base.
- Business fluent in English.
- PhD/Doctoral degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Applied and Industrial Mathematics, Operations Research or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven ability to set strategic & tactical direction and drive high quality execution in teams.
- Experience in customer-facing applications, scientific computing and high-performance computing.
- Proven experience with regulatory frameworks, data governance and compliance.
- Strong track record of managing large scale initiatives and delivering capabilities to drive business growth.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Solid project / change management / business transformation skills, i.e. development and successful implementation of complex projects.
- Business fluent in multiple languages.
This job advert is posted by Adecco Group AG with registered address at Bellerivestrasse 30, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland. www.adeccogroup.com
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.