Grow your career with Adecco Group North America, the world’s leading provider of recruiting and career services.
The Technical - On-Site Manageris responsible for managing an information technology or engineering related on-site temporary employee staffing program for a single client. Provides general oversight to typically 70+ temporary employees. Acts as the main liaison to a client to define and develop innovative solutions to meeting client needs, address standard to moderately complex client requests and achieve strategic objectives. Ensures orders are fulfilled according to client requirements. Serves as subject matter expert on assigned client. May manage one or more onsite colleagues.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field with a minimum of three (3) years of technical recruiting or client program management experience is required. Combination of post-high school education and related professional work experience equivalent to seven (7) years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Previous experience working within an Adecco Group North America business unit or in the staffing or human resources solutions industries is highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to focus on client needs with a commitment to quality and customer service.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems through recommending and implementing creative solutions.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and understand employment-related laws, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Knowledge of current sourcing and recruiting trends, best practices and methodologies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
ADECCO RETAINS THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MODIFY JOB DUTIES AT ANY TIME. THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT ALL ENCOMPASSING. NEEDS AND REQUIREMENTS MAY VARY BETWEEN LOCATIONS AND ACCORDING TO BUSINESS NECESSITY.
Adecco Group North America, through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands including Accounting Principals, Adecco General Staffing, Adia, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world’s leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides general management of temporary employees, including resolving employee relations issues.
- May supervise, train, mentor and coach additional onsite team members.
- Establishes and/or manages onsite temporary employee programs.
- Partners with clients to define strategic objectives and hiring needs.
- Builds and maintains subject matter expertise on assigned clients.
- Builds and maintains relationships with candidates and temporary employees.
- Develops relationships with key clients and business leaders.
- Deploys, coaches, develops and redeploys temporary employees.
- Responds to and addresses candidate and/or temporary employee inquiries or escalations.
- May participate in candidate hiring/onboarding processes in accordance with client/organizational requirements.
- Coaches, trains and mentors team members.
- Manages Quality Performance Reviews (QPRs) and Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs).
- Produces, analyzes and communicates program metrics to clients and other key stakeholders.
- Proactive recommends enhancements to client programs.
- Responds to and addresses candidate, temporary employees and/or client inquiries.
- Ensures compliance and safety requirements are met, including conducting injury investigations.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.