As Adia's Marketing Manager-Business to Business you will be in charge of a dedicated area within the US, your role is to execute marketing activities locally in line with Adia's global marketing strategy and best practices to acquire active job seekers. You are responsible for implementing marketing activities against agreed user acquisition targets based on market liquidity factors.
You’re a marketing all-rounder capable of running digital campaigns on your own but equally comfortable organizing events. You're unafraid of trying new things, have a passion for marketing and a desire to constantly deliver.
You will be based in Austin (TX) and be guided by a centralized marketing team (sitting in Switzerland, UK & Germany) with domain expertise in SEO, SEM, social media, content marketing, CRM and analytics. Our objective is to build Adia's user base and scale up marketing performance to support the company's growth targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own recruitment marketing and a budget to drive app installs and registrations from active job seekers in the hospitality, catering, experiential marketing, retail and logistics industries in your dedicated area
- Get to know Adia job seekers inside and out; deeply understand their habits, motivations and preferences to develop effective user acquisition campaigns
- Keep optimizing campaigns to decrease CPA and increase Registration/Download ratio.
- Be hands-on:
- Engage users through the website, social media and email with useful, shareworthy content
- Create compelling copy, creative and calls-to-action for SEO, SEM, display and social media
- Develop tactical campaigns and manage “always-on” integrated marketing activities to drive candidate acquisition
- Execute scheduled, segmented and personalized CRM email strategy, content creation and delivery to progress users from registration to qualification and application
- Implement a cost-effective recruitment plan and campaign strategy to meet sudden and seasonal spikes in staffing needs
- Ensure consistent messaging throughout all user acquisition and sourcing strategies
- Manage and liaise with partner agencies for events and offline advertising needs
- Monitor job market trends and analyze application data for the purpose of effective and efficient recruitment
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in the central marketing team to develop campaigns across paid, owned and earned channels
- Analyze, optimize and report campaign performance to the marketing and sales leadership based on agreed KPIs on a weekly basis
- Constantly test and experiment with the goal of driving efficiency across all performance marketing initiatives
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 4+ years marketing experience, both digital (essential) and offline (preferred)
- Previous hands-on experience with social media management tools and online marketing channels
- Understanding of KPIs in SEO, SEM, display advertising, e-mail marketing, social media and app stores
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, URL Builder as well as Google Tag Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to take on new and changing business goals to evolve advertising campaigns fluidly
- Ability to work independently and coordinate the completion of multiple tasks simultaneously
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Lead your business with honesty, integrity & an insatiable desire to win!
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills and the ability to interface with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to foster an innovative and collaborative environment using advanced leadership, communication & organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
The Adecco Group through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands, including Accounting Principals, Adecco Staffing, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel, Adia and Soliant is the world’s leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
What it means to be part of the Adecco Group.
For over 50 years, we’ve helped connect thousands of people from all different backgrounds and cultures with employment opportunities across the world. We provide leading HR services and solutions, powering the world of work that not only gives our clients a more personalised experience, but also gives our colleagues a sense of purpose and value in the work they do with us. Being a part of our international group means being part of a community that drives each other to be their best. You’ll do work that challenges the lives of our clients. You’ll be a part of a spirited and professional network of people who believe in what we’re doing. And, you’ll believe in it too.